Each holiday home sits on the park overlooking the river Tees & Bowes museum while only being minutes walk from the historic market town of Barnard Castle.
River View Leisure Park
Why River View Leisure Park
Each home is purposefully situated on a series of wooded terraces so that you can see views overlooking the River Tees at the entrance over to the stunning upper Teesdale Valley.
The site is located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is just outside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, which makes it a perfect base for those who enjoy outdoor pursuits as well as peace and quiet.
We are open 12 months of the year, so you can come enjoy every season with us ! Commanding superb views over the town and the surrounding countryside, this is a relaxing, peaceful base for a rural family holiday any time of the year.
Barnard Castle is one of the most historically and architecturally important towns in Great Britain and is known as the Gateway to Teesdale. It is a friendly market town that offers traditional small specialist shops and inns as well as many of the well known high street chains.
The County of Durham is often described as one of the most beautiful counties in England. This part of England has a rich heritage with a wealth of interesting attractions and activities close by and a lot of variety. It is beautiful from its western boundary high in the Pennine Hills to the limestone cliffs of its North Sea coastline. County Durham is also an excellent touring base for Northumberland, the Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District and the Scottish Borders. Make Riverview Leisure Park your base to explore the natural wonders of the North East.
Frequently asked questions ?
- How long are you open for holiday homes ? We are open all year round
- Is the Park dog friendly ? Yes, the Park is extremely dog friendly with many walks in the local area.
- Do you have fishing rights on the River Tees? Yes as an owner at River View Park you are entitled to fish on a stretch of river adjacent to the park. Full details are available in the Sales Office
- Are any of the holiday homes available to rent? No. We respect the privacy and wishes of our owners who prefer not to see different neighbours each week, although Family and friends are welcome. This helps to retain the sense of community within the park.
- Is there entertainment on the park? We have our own onsite Tavern which has a varied entertainments program with live music/acts most weekends.
- Do you cater for children? Yes there is a playground as well as a dedicated kids room upstairs in the Tavern